My Shopping List
Spicy Cheeseburger Sliders
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. ground beef (96% lean)
+ 9 small whole wheat hamburger buns, split, divided
+ 1 clove garlic, minced
+ 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle chili powder
+ 2 slices pepper Jack cheese, cut in quarters
+ barbeque sauce
+ tomato slices
What to do:
1. Tear one hamburger bun into pieces. Place in food processor or blender container. Cover; pulse on and off, to form fine crumbs.
2. Combine bread crumbs, beef, garlic and chili powder in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into eight 1/2-in. thick mini patties.
3. Place patties on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 9 min. (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 10 min.) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Evenly top with cheese during last minute of grilling.
4. Place burgers on bottoms of remaining eight buns. Top with desired Toppings. Close sandwiches.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Calories: 201; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 40mg; Total Carbs: 21g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 16g; Sodium: 266mg;