My Shopping List
Braised Pork Medallions with Apples
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 pork tenderloin, sliced into 8 pieces
+ 1/2 tsp. pepper
+ 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
+ 1 tsp. vegetable oil
+ 1 small onion, chopped
+ 1 large apple, cored and coarsely chopped
+ 1/2 c. apple cider
What to do:
1. Season medallions on both sides with pepper and pumpkin pie spice.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; brown pork on both sides, remove from pan and reserve.
3. Add onion and apples to skillet, saute until soft. Add apple cider to skillet, heat to a simmer. Return pork medallions to pan, cover and simmer for 5 min.
* Serving Suggestions: Enjoy these tenderloin medallions paired with the sweet taste of apples. Serve medallions with hot couscous and steamed broccoli.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
Calories: 196; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 75mg; Total Carbs: 14g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 25g; Sodium: 56mg;