My Shopping List
Easy Beef Lasagna
Courtesy of Texas Beef Council
Serve With:Servings: 12
Chunky Fruit Mix
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 45 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. ground beef
+ 1/4 tsp salt
+ 1 jar (26 to 30 oz.) spaghetti sauce
+ 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
+ 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
+ 1 carton (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
+ 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
+ 1 egg, slightly beaten
+ 10 oz. pkg. uncooked lasagna noodles
+ 1-1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into small crumbles. Pour off drippings.
2. Season with salt. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and red pepper.
3. Combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg in medium bowl.
4. Spread 2 c. beef sauce in bottom of 13 x 9" baking dish. Top with 4 noodles, arranged lengthwise in single layer; place fifth noodle crosswise at end of dish, breaking noodle to fit. Press noodles lightly into sauce.
5. Spread all the ricotta mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with 1 c. mozzarella cheese.
6. Top with 1-1/2 c. beef sauce. Top with remaining noodles in single layer; press into sauce. Top with remaining beef sauce.
7. Bake in 375°F oven 45-55 minutes or until noodles are tender.
8. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese. Let stand 15 min.
Chianti, Sangiovese, Bardolino