My Shopping List
Apricot Ice Cream
Courtesy of California Fresh Apricot Council
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: n/a
Chill Time: 2 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated skim milk
+ 1 envelope plain gelatin
+ 3/4 c. sugar
+ 6 fresh apricots (3/4 lb.), diced
+ 1 1/2 c. apricot nectar
+ 1 c. lowfat plain yogurt
+ 1 tsp. vanilla
What to do:
1. Combine milk and gelatin in large saucepan.
2. Heat, stirring often, until gelatin dissolves.
3. Add sugar; heat until it dissolves.
4. Using a wire whisk, stir in apricots, nectar, yogurt, and vanilla.
5. Pour mixture into ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
Calories: 75; Total Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 1mg; Total Carbs: 17g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 2g; Sodium: 18mg; Potassium: 126mg;