My Shopping List
Caribbean Turkey Burgers
Courtesy of National Honey Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 16 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1-1/4 lbs. ground turkey,extra lean
+ 1/2 c. Honey Pineapple Chutney (see Print copy for recipe)
+ 1-1/2 tsp.Jamaican jerk seasoning
+ 2 tsp. vegetable oil
+ 4 Hawaiian sweet sandwich rolls or potato burger buns, split and toasted
+ butter lettuce leaves as needed, washed, drained and chilled
Honey Pineapple Chutney
+ 1 ripe fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
+ 1 sweet onion, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
+ 1-1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
+ 1/3 c. honey
+ 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
+ 1 Tbsp. grated orange peel
+ 1 Tbsp. peeled and grated fresh ginger root
+ 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
+ 1/4 c. red bell pepper, seeded and minced
What to do:
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the ground turkey, 1/2 c. honey pineapple chutney, jerk seasoning and 1/2 tsp. black pepper.
2. Shape into 4 large flat patties and brush each with 1/2 tsp. oil.
3. Using the direct grill method, grill burgers over medium coals for 5 to 8 min. per side or until cooked to an internal temp. of 165°F.
4. Serve on toasted buns lined with lettuce leaves. Place a heaping spoonful of chutney on top of each burger.
1. Brush pineapple and onion slices with 1-1/2 Tbsp. oil.
2. Using the direct grill method, grill for about 5 min. per side over medium-high heat or until lightly charred; remove and let cool slightly. Discard tough pineapple core.
3. Finely chop pineapple and onion and place in a medium saucepan with honey, vinegar, orange peel, ginger and allspice; stir well.
4. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered for 45 min. Add minced bell pepper and cook for 10 min. more; let cool.
Note: Honey should not be fed to infants under one year of age. Honey is a safe and wholesome food for children and adults.
For this and more great recipes, please visit www.honey.com/recipes
Pinot Grigio, Beaujolais, Chardonnay